Duties and Functions of Officers
1. Member Secretary : Is an ex-officio member of the commission and in charge of the administration and implementation of welfare schemes of the commission. The Secretary is the Appellate Authority under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
2. Director: Of SP cadre. Is in charge of the investigation wing of the Commission
3. Law Officer: Of the rank of Joint Secretary to Govt. Looks into all legal matters related to the Commission. Gives legal advice, when called for, pertaining to disputes pending before the Commission.
4. Administrative Officer: Of the rank of Joint Secretary to Govt. Controls all day to day activities of the Commission as well as all matters relating to general administration and establishment. The Administrative Officer is the appellate authority under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
5. Finance Officer: Of the rank of Under Secretary to Govt. Controls all financial matters of the Commission.
6. Public Relations Officer: Handles the Public Relations section of the Commission. Is in charge of all press releases, media coverage and public interaction of the Commission.
7. Project Officer: In charge of maintaining a comprehensive data bank relating to ther social, economic and political conditions of women and to conduct special studies, workshops and seminars to deal with specific problems of situations arising out of discimination and atrocities against women. Is also responsible for conducting promotional and educational research for the upliftment and benefit of women.
8. Research Officer: Assists the Project Officer in research activities, seminars, workshops, promotional and awareness programmes etc. of the Commission.
9. Circle Inspector of Police: Assists the Director to conduct all inquiries and investigations in respect of cases brought before the Commission. He is assisted in his duties by one Woman Sub-Inspector of Police, 2 Women Police Constables and 2 Police Constables.